CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Slow....Pic of Beast Added
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:48 pm    Post subject: Slow....Pic of Beast Added Reply with quote

Decided to give Seaside a rest Friday and hit Mondo Pond with my 5'6" ML setup. Arrived just before 5pm to find more weeds have grown at the main pond and most of the smaller pond covered with those floating algae seeds.

In weedy areas I tried playing a slow gliding and jerking motion with a Texas rigged 3" green tube but didn't see or feel any bass or pickerel take it.

Areas with mostly open water had me throwing topwater and a shad SSR-5, while I stuck with topwater in the smaller pond. 3 certain topwaters I used were a moss back shiner XRW-9, custom painted Heddon Spit'n Image, and Ozark Mountains Woodchopper.

The 1 lure bass showed interest in, as it has been, was the custom painted Heddon. Did a number of retrieves until I found what they were most interested in, which was slow walk the dog with aggressive spitting and chugging. Had 4 explosions, lost 1, and had a huge swirl as I waited for the ripples to move after casting.

Hit the road just before 8:30pm.

On one of my last stops I saw a MONSTER bullfrog! All I kept thinking was a 6 pound largemouth or 4 pound chain pickerel! I could even picture an owl swooping down at it at night, a great blue heron harpooning it, or a large snapping turtle crushing it.

Last edited by Michael on Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You surely can see that huge mouth and face with those big eyes!

I could only imagine how many smaller bluegills and bass this beast has eaten! Chipmunks and smaller frogs too!

I'd love to see a 6 pound pig or 4 pond gator nail this thing! Even a great blue heron puncturing it with its beak, bird of prey swooping down at it, or a snapping turtle crushing it!
eatsleepfish91

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To hell with the fish and birds, grab him and some of his buddies and have yourself a bbq.
Dozer02

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way to catch a Bullfrog is with your rod. Simply dangle your lure in the frog's proximity, they'll hit it every single time, guaranteed. If Bass hit like frogs, we'd get bored fishing for em.
Ten10

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool frog photo!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: