CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Ct fisherman Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hooksetwjm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Ct fisherman Reply with quote

This has been all over Instagram and Facebook. Passing it on here.

TO ALL CONNECTICUT FISHERMAN

I WANTED TO TAKE THE TIME TO WRITE THIS BECAUSE I FEEL THERE HAS BEEN AN UNFAIR AND ALMOST UNREAL CONNECTICUT STATE RECORD FOR THE LARGEMOUTH BASS. I CHALLENGE ALL FISHERMAN TO CALL THE CT DEP AND ASK THEM FOR INFORMATION ON THE LARGEMOUTH BASS CAUGHT IN 1961 by Frank Domurat WEIGHING IN AT 12lbs 14oz. I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT I HAVE INQUIRED ABOUT THIS FISH AND THE GENTLEMEN THAT CAUGHT IT DID NOT CORRECTLY FILL OUT HIS AFFIDAVIT , THERE ARE NO PICTURES TO REPRESENT THIS FISH AT ALL AND BASICALLY NO GOOD INFORMATION ON THIS MANS CATCH AT ALL. FOR ALL WE KNOW SOMONE COULD HAVE DOCTORED THIS UP FOR THE RECORD. I WANT ALL FISHERMAN TO UNDERSTAND THAT IN TODAYS WORLD WE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO GET AWAY WITH THIS. I HAVE CALLED THE CT DEP SEVERAL TIMES AND NO ONE CAN GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION ON THIS CATCH AND TO BE TOTALLY FAIR, A DEP AGENT TOLD ME PERSONALLY THE MAN WHO CAUGHT THE SUPPOSED 12lb 14oz LARGEMOUTH DIDNT FULFILL THE APPLICATION CORRECTLY, THAT IT IS INVALID AND IS MISSING IMPORTANT INFORMATION. I FEEL THERE IS SOMETHING COMPLETELY WRONG WITH THIS AND SHOULD BE EXPOSED. PLEASE CALL FOR YOUR OWN KNOWLEDGE. SOMETHINGS WRONG.
[/youtube]
pdcrack

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine this being your first post on this forum...
Hooksetwjm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares I didn't write it.
FishingFiend

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just joined this site and I found this post. I'm actually very interested in speaking to DEP about this..... If this is true that there's no pictures and the affidavit is filled out incorrectly/incomplete, how can the record stand? I want to see evidence.... A picture, length, name of person, address, phone number... This was caught in 1961 and there were definitely cameras back then. Anyone who is fishing and catches a state record would take a picture of the fish whether it was dead or alive.......The old world record LMB (caught in 1932) had a picture for christ's sake and that was 30 years before the CT record was caught. How can DEP give a record based on just a scale print out? How do they know without seeing a fish??????? This guy supposedly didnt give his phone number or address so how do they even know that he caught the fish. DEP never saw the actual fish. I can goto my local deli and have them weigh out a pile of rocks and bring it to DEP and say I caught a 20 pound bass but i threw it out so there's no evidence....This is a ridiculous record and I want answers. Thx for bringing this to CT angler's attention.
anointed130

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not that serious, unless you have caught a bass over 10lbs you wont break the record so who cares.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
Hooksetwjm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Tony, this post isn't just for me, it's for all fisherman across the state of CT. I don't care if you don't care about this article because other people do. If you actually wanted to spend time and research it, you'll find that the system for record fish in that time was completely wacky. I've caught bass that are considered very large for this area so I would bet you won't make me any better. To be blunt id guarantee I'll out fish you any day on any body of water. So this article is to spark interest and possibly change a stupid record that was set with stupid standards that no one in there right mind would use today. Thanks buddy
anointed130

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure you and a lot of other people could out fish me, thats great. the point is the likelihood of catching anything close to that would be unlikely. That was the point of me saying its not that serious.

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
Hooksetwjm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right and I totally agree. I think it's a little unfair to have a record from 1961 that will most likely never be beat because a system was outdated and could have been cheated. People spend a lot of money and time to catch good bass and keep it competitive. All I'm saying is i don't think it's fair for ct anglers to try to compete against a ridiculous record. That's all.
PECo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooksetwjm wrote:
Right and I totally agree. I think it's a little unfair to have a record from 1961 that will most likely never be beat because a system was outdated and could have been cheated. People spend a lot of money and time to catch good bass and keep it competitive. All I'm saying is i don't think it's fair for ct anglers to try to compete against a ridiculous record. That's all.

The one that has always bothered me is the state record for northern pike. Just sayin'. . . . Wink

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah PECo! I can see that! Thats a big fish! And I like your saying at the bottom of your profile. Very true stuff!
stainless51

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im competitive as all heck in sports and life. But fishing isnt a contest for me. I could care less about records...its about the moment.
PECo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stainless51 wrote:
Im competitive as all heck in sports and life. But fishing isnt a contest for me. I could care less about records...its about the moment.

Same here. I'm not competitive about fishing. Well, other than giving crap to my fishing buddies. Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe PECO is determined to break the "RED Breast" state record. If the current record that stands offends you and if your as good a fisherman as you proclaim then go out and beat it.

It's there somewhere. A 7lb largemouth was just pulled out of Candlewood this week. Whats to say in a lake that big the new State Record isn't sitting there waiting.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are the residency requirements for record bass? How long does the bass have to reside in said location? Is it like running for the US Senate from New York, where you only have to reside in the state by election day? If I bring up a 13-14 pounder and stock it in a private pond, can I catch it next week or next year for a new record? Half the records are stocked species anyway. The rules just say you can't catch one in the hatchery. Damn! That was the easiest option. What about if I fish the Cabelas tank at night?
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Wanna Fish

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at Cabellas the other day! All the big ones are gone. And to think! I brought a beer can, line and worms to try to sneak one out of there! LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: