CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: WICC Results
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RLoutdoors

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:00 am    Post subject: WICC Results Reply with quote

How'd everyone do that fished the WICC this past weekend?

Saturday proved to be the best day for me with plenty of fish from 8-12 lbs.
Sunday was slow, only a few 5-8 lb blues on the deck.

All fish came out of 80+ ft of water between Middleground and BH.

Let's hear how ya'll did...
Jeff

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Re: WICC Results Reply with quote

RLoutdoors wrote:
How'd everyone do that fished the WICC this past weekend?

Saturday proved to be the best day for me with plenty of fish from 8-12 lbs.
Sunday was slow, only a few 5-8 lb blues on the deck.

All fish came out of 80+ ft of water between Middleground and BH.

Let's hear how ya'll did...

I did sh*tty. Got more live bunker bitten in half than anything. Only managed a 6lber on Saturday. Fished 30-60ft of water between 2A, BH, and 18.....could not hook up for anything.

I didn't expect much since I'm new to the sound and haven't really targeted blues before. Technique and knowledge owned me.

I wish I saw your message earlier, we coulda met up on the water and even had a beer or two while waiting for a bite.
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Middleground is the place to be for blues this time of year. I can only imagine how packed it was out there during the tourny.
RLoutdoors

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I left dock at 4:30am saturday morning and rode out from capts cove for middleground. Head into 4 footers in the pitch black it took us over 1.5hrs to get to middle ground. Fished til 8 with only 1 run. Only saw one other boat out there. Not many people willing to head out in that weather. I know a few people who turned around with a sick crew.

Moved west and killed them all day.Returned Sunday and only had a few small fish.

They were there, you just had to be in the right spot when a school swam by to get the big ones. The port prize at Capt Cove of 13.7 was caught off of BH.

Last edited by RLoutdoors on Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:40 am; edited 2 times in total
fishfinder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got on the water Friday at 10 pm and cast netted about 100 freshies and headed out. Forgot to take Dramamine and water was wicked rough and by 230 am I was puking brains out!! My buddy got 1st fish which was 14.69 and we stuck it out for awhile but Had to be in work for 6 am. Satueday was loaded with 10- 12 lbers and dogfish. I never got 1 wirth weighing in and my buddy ended up in 16th place which barely covered the gas for the boat.

and standing on the shore like an idiot!
Jeff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RLoutdoors wrote:
I left dock at 4:30am saturday morning and rode out from capts cove for middleground. Head into 4 footers in the pitch black it took us over 1.5hrs to get to middle ground..

I left capts cove around the same time saturday....boy those waves were wicked. Took a bit to even get out a little past BH.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: