CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Bass on the Fly
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RLoutdoors

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:15 pm    Post subject: Bass on the Fly Reply with quote

I've been consistently hitting Twin Brooks in Trumbull with my fly rod trying to land my first LMB on a fly to no avail.

Anyone know any other places in the Trumbull/Shelton area that I can try from land? I'm still not great at casting, so nice, open areas would be best.

Also, any advice on flies? I've been using mostly popper flies.
AlexF

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wolf park aka great hollow lake in monroe might be a good place but be careful of the pickerel they may bite threw your leader, but that goes for any place really. If you don't mind a little drive, the naugatuck river has a good population of smallmouth bass. Once you get good at casting in tight places, any deep hole on the farmill in shelton will hold largemouth, crappie, pickerel, fallfish, perch, and sunfish. Good luck!
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nell's Rock Reservoir is another place to check out. It has more open space than most ponds at Twin Brooks.

During the summer and early fall, largemouth bass have a field day with dragonflies. Dragonflies are a largemouth's fav insect.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: