CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Fishing Ct River above Enfield dam
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lforner01

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Fishing Ct River above Enfield dam Reply with quote

I normally finish the Connecticut River at Kings Island. I have a small boat with 8 hp motor. This summer has been disappointing with very colored water and fast currents. I fish for smallmouth and usually catch at least six per visit. However this season it's been less than three and most of them of been small. Does anyone ever launch above the Enfield Dam? If so, where are the good spots to fish for bass.? Also I was thinking of launching out of Hartford. Any suggestions?
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you should ask. Laughing Today, Dan1 (aka Dan) and I launched our kayaks at the Donald W. Barnes Boat Launch in Enfield for the first time ever:

It's a really nice facility. We saw several boats, including a couple of deep-Vs, launch at the ramp, too. The water was really clear in the main river. Visibility was probably four feet or more in most spots. As for the fishing, well, it wasn't so nice. Crying or Very sad I hooked into a short smallmouth bass with a trolled Perch Rapala JSR-07 at the bridge piers that are just upriver from the ramp, but it dropped off of the lure when I pulled it out of the water and held it up next to my kayak. As we paddled up to Raspberry Brook, I boated a decent 12-1/2 inch long white perch:

We paddled all the way to the end of Raspberry Brook, but managed to catch only a small black crappie on the way back out:

I think we were there at low tide, so the entire brook was really, really shallow. And, "What about Dan1, Alaskan Fishing Guide?", you ask:

He struggled a bit and got only a Connecticut River ratfish:

The Funny Question of the Day: PWC Driver to PWC Water Skier - Did you swallow A LOT of water? Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: