CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: What a Day Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: What a Day Reply with quote

High tide for Black Rock was scheduled for 5:50pm and arrived at the Fayerweather jetty around 3pm. Tide was still too low so I headed over to Breezy Point.

Lures I threw at Breezy Point included glass ghost XRW-11, purpledescent FLR-10, pinfish SSP-9, brown bone DTFAT-1, blue back herring LC-12, and a 4" pearl Storm Kickin Minnow resulting in not a single hit or swirl. Saw a usual there who threw a whole lot of stuff but nada. Saw a surfcaster throwing a chartreuse bucktail that was getting him all sea robins and not a single fluke.

Later I headed over to the Fayerweather jetty seeing tide was getting closer to high. The Black Rock side had steady 10 mph winds blowing right at me which didn't help so I casted on the beach side resulting in a sea robin on the FLR-10.

Seeing tide was starting to head out I rode my bike towards Breezy Point. On my way to Breezy Point is when I took a dive hands first off of my bike and slid on the pavement, resulting in lots of bleeding on the palms and a big and bad one on my left knee due to hard rubbing on the pavement. Pedestrians were nice enough to pick me up and grab the attention of a park patrol officer, who called for an ambulance that took me to St. Vee's to get bandaged up, cleaned, and x-rays. No harm done to the knee bone or the 2 wrists, which were the bones that hurt.

We'll see how much pain I'll be in once I wake up Sunday, which will tell me how long it'll take before I ride my bike again.
basshole56

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you are ok man.. Hopefully you can rest up and back at it in a few days. Keep the reports coming.
Ctmrxmas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you didnt get to injured! Best of luck healing rapidly!
PECo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad that you didn't get more seriously injured, Michael. Feel better! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be back out fishing Monday.

Wounds are healing as I keep changing the bandages, rinse them, and put new bacitracin on.

Got plenty of rest Sunday.

Left wrist is the only area currently hurting me and has swelling.

Be like the ancient Greeks and Romans by putting fresh oregano on lots of your foods for quick healing and healthy skin.
RTownsend

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael wrote:

Wounds are healing as I keep changing the bandages, rinse them, and put new bacitracin on.

Be like the ancient Greeks and Romans by putting fresh oregano on lots of your foods for quick healing and healthy skin.

Hope you feel better soon! And Oregano is the best, I take oil of oregano for my allergies and it works great, plus no worries about strange chemicals.
sonamcobain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get well soon and hope your back to fishing like never before with a vengeance!
insomnia11

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad to hear you weren't seriously hurt micheal!
i'm gonna try and sneak off and catch the incoming/outgoing at breezy point this evening!
maybe i'll see you there
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RTownsend wrote:
Michael wrote:

Hope you feel better soon! And Oregano is the best, I take oil of oregano for my allergies and it works great, plus no worries about strange chemicals.

My #1 seasoning that I put on almost anything I eat at home is organic oregano flakes. Whenever I eat at a Subway I always tell them heavy on the oregano.

Can't forget the parsley and rosemary at home too!
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wounds on the palms are healing quickly so it looks like no need for band aids on them anymore as long as I wash them after handling certain items.

Just by getting plenty of rest Sunday afternoon and taking 1 Aleeve every 4 hours got rid of 90% of the pain in the left wrist.

Only area that will take a while and that I'll bandage up again before I go to bed tonight is the left knee. The wound is large and went as deep as the moist white skin tissue.
RLoutdoors

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dude, no offense, but are you seriously complaining about some bumps and scrapes to a fishing forum audience? Isn't that what mommy is for?

glad you didn't get run over, but c'mon man, its road rash...
Indigo394

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who is this 'Floutdoors'? What a jackass!
ny to ct

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go again
ny to ct

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here we go again
buckbuster

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: he's a douchnozzel !!!!! Reply with quote

[quote="Indigo394"]who is this 'Floutdoors'? What a jackass![/quote]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: