CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Manitook lake granby
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeersNBass

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Manitook lake granby Reply with quote

I might go here after work tomorrow with the kayak, does anyone know what the ice situation is like
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know anything about the ice situation, but am wondering how you have access to the lake. I've never been able to locate a public access point to it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good to know I've never been there but I was hoping to find access. Does anyone know of any other places to fish in that area
AVec80X

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been twice...but I don't know if the area is private property or not. Both times I covered my butt by leaving a note on my dashboard saying that "I'm fishing and if my car is an issue parked there to call my cell 860-XXX-XXXX and I'd move it immediately. Thank you!"

Look on Google Maps on the top right corner of the lake, there is a dirt lot and a trail that leads to a small beach. I launched from there.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know about that lake but Lake Zoar Bays were still iced over today.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AVec80X wrote:
I've been twice...but I don't know if the area is private property or not. Both times I covered my butt by leaving a note on my dashboard saying that "I'm fishing and if my car is an issue parked there to call my cell 860-XXX-XXXX and I'd move it immediately. Thank you!"

Look on Google Maps on the top right corner of the lake, there is a dirt lot and a trail that leads to a small beach. I launched from there.

I asked for and got permission from a guy at Manitook Motors to park in and launch from the parking lot on a weekend. Unfortunately, the next time I asked, he said "No", because a fisherman littered the shore along the parking lot with fishing trash.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's too bad, that looks like a very easy access point....and worry free if permission was granted.

The lot I parked in was littered with beer cans and what not near the wood line, I'm sure it's a party spot on the weekend. Haven't been since early last year, not sure the status of the lot now...but it's still looks the same on Google Maps.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The town closed Manitook Motors down recently, he's a well known drug dealer and rents the former gas station from someone out of state. This is where most people would launch their cartoppers, but recently he was a true lake nazi for "trash". You won't find any other access to launch your boat.

The lake is half free of ice as I type this for anyone that might be interested.
Gee_Boog

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recently became friends with someone who live on the lake. My parking and launching is taken care of but could someone point me in the right direction for that place? Perhaps an extra parking spot can be arranged for someone Laughing
RUDY

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gee-boog. Pm me. I work down the street from it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its all about who you know, have to essentially launch from private propety seeing as its a private lake. I got permission from two different families so i have a couple options. I wouldnt advise parking and launching from anywere unless you got permission, manitook motors is out of business but it is now onwed by another family who works on their own cars there and do not want people trashing the place and taking the space like people used to. People were allowed to park and fish there, but then beer cans took over and fishing line was everywhere........shame
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: