CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Best Bite in a While 11/5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Best Bite in a While 11/5 Reply with quote

Wednesday afternoon I arrived at the funeral home at 12:11 pm. NWS was talking about a frontal system moving through Thursday which had me hoping there would be a good bite going. Conditions were overcast, damp, cool, and light west wind. Water was flowing and level was nice. Many weeds have also died off making the fishing easier.

I started by playing with the Strike King Lightning Shad. Did 2 laps around the pond until I found certain areas that had yellows cruising. Landed a total of 3 yellows with the biggest being 10". Had a number of other yellows take the soft plastic before quickly spitting it. Hardly any bluegills showed interest as if the cool water temps have made them sluggish.

Next lure was a custom made spinner. First cast produced a cookie cutter. Next cast had a bass at least 2 pond come up and smack it before going back down. 2 casts later and I see a wave coming from behind the spinner and set the hook. This fish felt nice on the 6 pound mono. Landed a 19" 3 pound 6 ounce largemouth.

Once the bass were no longer hitting the spinner I headed over to Twin Brooks.

The areas that were producing the bluegills while the water temps were still warm were very slow like they have been recently. Only had 2 hits and landed a 7.5" gill on the Strike King. 3 other lures I played with were a purpledescence FLR-8, black shiner Baby Torpedo, and the custom spinner.

1 pond produced 2 cookie cutters no bigger than a pound. 1 came on the spinner and the other came on the Strike King. Another pond produced a dinky pickerel on the Strike King. The slime dart came shooting out of nowhere and took the whole lure and hook.

Later when I get to my usual November area, I throw the Baby Torpedo and landed a 1 1/2 pound cookie cutter. Worked the spinner where I saw some swirls which resulted in a 16" 2 pound 3 ounce largemouth and 13" cookie cutter.

Hit the road just before 5pm.

19" 3 pound 6 ounce largemouth on custom made inline spinner
Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a beauty. Nice job!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: