CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: TMA 12/7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: TMA 12/7 Reply with quote

2 buddies and I hit the Mill River TMA for about 2 hours til sunset Sunday. Winds had gotten much calmer once we got there.

We started off downstream and worked our way up. I stuck with the HJ-6 while the other 2 played around with small lures.

I was the one to be making my way upstream more as the other 2 kept casting in many areas. At 2 shallow areas with the HJ-6, I lost a native. Later when I was at the honey hole I landed a 10" brown and lost one. While still at the honey hole the other 2 guys came and told me they hadn't gotten any hits of followers yet.

I had 1 fish try and run with the HJ-6 on the pause but nothing else happened after that so I head farther upstream as the other 2 stayed at the honey hole.

1 other spot had a native chase the HJ-6 and landed an 11.5" brown with the lure. The brown slammed it out of nowhere. I had 1 more follower and the other 2 joined me but didn't get into anything. 1 of the guys said he caught 2 natives on a small Kastmaster at the honey hole.

The helsinki shad colored Husky Jerk HJ-6 has been really producing everywhere I've been recently. A pattern I had going at the honey hole was cast downstream and do the stop and go retrieve that has been producing at Mondo Ponds.
ChaoSki

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: TMA 12/7 Reply with quote

Were you on a yak? This is over by West Rock correct? Is there access to the lake from the river?

Not really a fan of urban setting rivers but this one doesn't seem too bad.
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: TMA 12/7 Reply with quote

ChaoSki wrote:
Were you on a yak? This is over by West Rock correct? Is there access to the lake from the river?

Not really a fan of urban setting rivers but this one doesn't seem too bad.

Look in Fairfield County
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

was there saturday and got a brown around the same size as you on a small jig.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: