CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: First Fish of the Year 1/21
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:52 pm    Post subject: First Fish of the Year 1/21 Reply with quote

Wednesday when I woke up I decided to take a step outside to see what it felt like. There was hardly any wind, skies were partly cloudy, and the air didn't feel too cold vs the way it has been. I decided to head out to the TMA.

Arrived at the honey hole just after 3:30pm and fished it for about an hour.

Lures I threw included brown trout FLR-6, helsinki shad HJ-6, yellow perch XR-4, and a weightless Strike King Lightning Shad.

Things that happened included a trout coming up and going back down as I reeled in the FLR-6; swipe on the Strike King; and a number of lookers and followers on the HJ-6.

As I was about to call it a day, on one of my last casts with the HJ-6 I set the hook when I go to jerk again after a pause. Landed a 12" winter holdover brown. Had it hardly hooked and once I landed it the hook came off and got it right back in the water. Nice pulling and shaking on 6 lb mono and a 5'6" ML Eagle Claw Powerlight.

Gave the HJ-6 a few more casts before calling it a day and quickly checking out the pool by the rest area and then heading home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: