CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing
Viewing Topic: Any small Ponds/Lakes in or around Cheshire?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XploZion

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Any small Ponds/Lakes in or around Cheshire? Reply with quote

Iv recently got a kayak so i could get into the smaller areas around here and do some fishing ( Thanks for the kayak PECo !!!! ) and im looking for relatively close places around where i live. if anyone has any spots they wouldn't mind sharing please please please help me out. Thanks a bunch guys!
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Any small Ponds/Lakes in or around Cheshire? Reply with quote

XploZion wrote:
Iv recently got a kayak so i could get into the smaller areas around here and do some fishing ( Thanks for the kayak PECo !!!! ) and im looking for relatively close places around where i live. if anyone has any spots they wouldn't mind sharing please please please help me out. Thanks a bunch guys!

You're welcome. Please just always wear a PFD when you use it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're willing to take a drive to Watertown, then Black Rock Lake would be a shot. Off of 84 in Middlebury close to Naugatuck is Long Meadow Pond. Some places down in Meriden. Seymour Reservoirs at Naugatuck State Forest is another one.
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! I just took a look at a map and you're surrounded by reservoirs. The only one I know you could fish relatively close by is Scoville Reservoir, up in Wolcott. One of the nice things about Scoville Reservoir is that no gasoline engines of any kind are allowed on it. Another nice thing is that there are bowfin in it. Well, I've heard that there are bowfin in it. Wink I've never caught one. Sad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
Wow! I just took a look at a map and you're surrounded by reservoirs. The only one I know you could fish relatively close by is Scoville Reservoir, up in Wolcott. One of the nice things about Scoville Reservoir is that no gasoline engines of any kind are allowed on it. Another nice thing is that there are bowfin in it. Well, I've heard that there are bowfin in it. Wink I've never caught one. Sad

Yeah i fish a private lake in wolcott so it cant be to far from there. Ill deff try it out. thanks!
Goose203

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i fish a private lake in wolcott so it cant be to far from there. Ill deff try it out. thanks![/quote]

I'm also in the Waterbury Wolcott area when the weather warms up we should cast a line in always up for meeting new fishermen I own a kayak as well
Goose203

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry rookie to this forum lol still learning how to work it
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: