CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: kayaking buddies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gilligan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 12:28 pm    Post subject: kayaking buddies Reply with quote

looking to get more involved in kayak fishing looking for some people to go fishing with willing to travel some distance i am in waterbury ct i tried black pond no luck with catching fish if u dont want to go fishing tell me some good spots that kayak freindly thanks gilligan
Michael

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a number of nice ponds around my area you can put a kayak into.

If you have extra room for a second kayak I'd be willing to introduce you to them.

I got a kayak for free but have no vehicle.
AVec80X

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're willing to travel to Black Pond drive 10 minutes further to Mattabassett River. Great kayak fishing spot!

http://www.conservect.org/ctrivercoastal/PDFs/MattabessetCanoe.pdf

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing AVec80X.
I'm new to this side too, I'm a kayak fisherman so far i only have fish the local pond in Manchester because did not know any other places were i can launch the kayak or know any other kayak fishermans willing to share their knowledge or join other people on a fishing trip.
Thanks againg
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: kayaking buddies Reply with quote

gilligan wrote:
looking to get more involved in kayak fishing looking for some people to go fishing with willing to travel some distance i am in waterbury ct i tried black pond no luck with catching fish if u dont want to go fishing tell me some good spots that kayak freindly thanks gilligan

One of my favorite places to fish from a kayak is Bantam River in Litchfield. There's a canoe launch where it crosses under Whites Wood Road. You can paddle upriver to Little Pond or downriver to Bantam Lake. Either way, it's a beautiful paddle. Take a weedless topwater frog, spinnerbaits and wacky-rigged Senkos. You'll catch largemouth bass and northern pike, along with the usual sunnies, yellow perch and chain pickerel.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: