CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater
Viewing Topic: Anybody ever caught these?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Anybody ever caught these? Reply with quote

Today while snapper fishing I caught a total of 7 northern sennats.

When I first started landing them I was thinking they were a type of gar, but researched on Google and found them to be what they were and are a member of the barracuda family.

They seem to be fast aggressive fish that come darting like a member of the pike family.

How many of you have caught these? Have you ever found them in the stomach of blues and/or stripers? What are some of the biggest ones you've caught?
insomnia11

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm glad you posted this mike
i caught my first on saturday at breezy point
i was wondering what the hell it was!!
i was getting fustrated catching nothing but small nothern kingfish Rolling Eyes so i was very surprised when i reeled that little guy in
it was about 5"-6" long...came out of nowhere like a rocket and hit hard... for it's size
i packed it in after him Sad
Chunks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool to hear. Only mention I've personally seen of the is on the south shore of LI. I'm sure they make a tasty snack for larger predators

Have you guys seen any Shad? they usually run with the snappers this time of the year
Chunks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool to hear. Only mention I've personally seen of the is on the south shore of LI. I'm sure they make a tasty snack for larger predators

Have you guys seen any Shad? they usually run with the snappers this time of the year
Crest Daddy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lookin for shad too LOL

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time of the year you'll see some " exotics" northern kingfish, lizard fish , sennets , needlefish, spots, small jacks, moonfish, mullets, and bunch of other visitors. Cool to see
Michael

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After catching those aggressive little northern barracudas, I went onto YouTube and searched for topwater barracuda. Oh boy you'd think you're talking bluefish of the Caribbean!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mHl3kB9uIg&src_vid=eNd7n4OwOfE&feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_394828
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: