CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Boy was it covered!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject: Boy was it covered! Reply with quote

Site member fishinkid (Matt) and I hit the cove by Sunnyside Monday. Matt is new to ice fishing. High tide for Long Hill was around 3:30pm and we arrived at the cove around 10:30am. 2 others came pretty soon later.

As for ice, the ice in the cove was at least 16" thick and the entire Housy was covered with thick ice. We even saw a person walk across the Housy to Milford!

As for fish, I let Matt use my pearl Jigging Shad Rap as I used my usual killer, the glow tiger Jigging Rap. Nothing much was happening to begin with due to tide but once it was noon, things started picking up.

As we began drilling open young holes, Matt was the first to get into action with the Jigging Shad Rap. He was getting curious yellows pecking at the lure and had a nice pull. He landed an 8" yellow.

Took me a while to get into action until I started jigging at 1 certain hole after noon. Matt was right near me as he jigging with the Jigging Shad Rap, but amazingly I was nailing the yellows. Total was over 10 in that 1 spot with some being just 5 to 7" and others being 8 to 10". Matt seemed jealous so I told him to drill a hole right next to me. Once he did that, no more fish.

As the afternoon went on, Matt wasn't getting much action even with a small chartreuse green ice jig rigged with mealies. I got a few more hits and landed a few more yellows. Matt was happy to have caught a fish, but seemed like he had had enough, so once I landed the biggest yellow of the day, we headed back for the car.

Other than yellow perch and that 1 nice hit Matt had, the only other fish I saw landed was a dinky white by 1 of the other guys there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: