CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Hoping to hit the CT for the first time ever need advice.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blkgsxr04

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:30 pm    Post subject: Hoping to hit the CT for the first time ever need advice. Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and have a few questions. Me and my buddy Dave are thinking about taking a drive to fish the CT river in the Northfield area above turner falls this Friday April 3. its supposed to be 60 with on and off showers.. We have a 10ft john boat with a trolling motor that we have been using for the last 5 years. My questions are: is the river open as far as ice. We want to target walleye, pike and trout (catch and release). is that a good area to get them.If not could you point me in the right direction. Lastly is our boat going to be ok out there. I was hoping there wouldn't be to much current and that the water was flooding. I just want to be safe. Thanks in advance.
CatDaddy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prob better off asking guys on a Mass site. I don't know many ppl from CT who fish the CTR that far north.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope that you guys made it out. Although the water level in the river is rising, it's projected to crest in Hartford on Monday or Tuesday at 10-1/2 feet, which is well below the flood stage of 16 feet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: