CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: SAMS CLUB SHOPPER? BUYER BEWARE!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmorjoe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: SAMS CLUB SHOPPER? BUYER BEWARE! Reply with quote

Probably going to hear I'm making a big deal out of nothing but here goes; went to Sams club in Orange this a.m. As I was walking down the frozen fish isle I picked up a bag of flounder fillets (not the fish stick kind but unbreaded flounder). I went to put it in the cart and something caught my eye. PRODUCT OF CHINA. Naw couldn't be we are here in New England right? Oh yes caught in the Pacific and processed in China. Have we stooped so low as to take food out of our New England fishermens families mouths and give it to the Chinese to save a couple of bucks. Right next to the flounder was COD fillets and you guessed it PRODUCT OF CHINA. When I mentioned this to a manager she said I should voice my complaint to Walmart and thats just what I am going to do. Big deal or not to me it doesn't seem right. Am I wrong or right? cmorjoe
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They swam all the way here from china.........then were caught ???

Smile

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats why we are shooting down there spy satellite ,so they can`t locate our local fish anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe that we shot down our own telescope. thats pretty amazing if you think about it. the telescope was traveling a wopping 17,000 miles an hour and we sent up a missle at 5,000 miles an hour and nailed it rite on the fuel tank were they needed to. thats amazing concidering not too long ago we only had horse and carriages. what a super power ha?
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah , my quote was a joke not fact.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: SPY SATELLITES? Reply with quote

Am I the only one concerned that too many things are coming from China while guys in this country WITH FAMILIES are loosing their jobs? I read the other day the fishing fleet in Glouster Ma. is hurting. I also read that alot of guys who have been in the business for generations are loosing their boats. When is it all going to stop? We are not talking about technology WE ARE TALKING ABOUT BASIC FOOD! Maybe because I am getting old but I remember when things grown; produced and caught in this country were the best in the world. cmorjoe
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Concerned? Heck ya. Ive been hit by the decline in home sales and improvements among other things and have been laid off!!!

Luckily, the unemployment is covering the mortgage Smile

Things could always be worse Sad

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wether the asshole politicians say it or not this country is in a recession.I have owned a mortgage company for 7 years and have seen the rates and values fluctuate much more then they should have.
It has more then hit home but the people that run the country just dont c it.They don`t see it because they are the 1% that is richer then everyone else.
We should be putting money into our economy not wasting money on fucking bullshit mitchell reports and trying to find out who is on steriods.
That is now close to 1 billion dollars in tax payers money.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: