CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: pickeral 6/26 (night)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lookn4bass

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:54 am    Post subject: pickeral 6/26 (night) Reply with quote

seeing some night bite posts, i figure i give "another" it a try. my first 3 tries did not live up to expectations.

fished from 8:30-12am. launching the boat it was dead calm and we all were thinking topwater. as soon as we hit the water the wind picked up from the south...bummer. plan was to fish the east shore till the lighthouse, cut across and fish the west shore and south end and follow the "channel" back to the ramp.

east shore we picked up 6 (3 off the bank on plastics and 3 deeper on the jig). nothing of any size.

west shore to the point we picked up 3 more off the bank and loosing a large one (on the jig deeper, 3+ lbs?) at the boat after a very nice fight. bummer.

after hearing/seeing some splashes in the cove and taking advantage wind cover, took a quick run in with nothing to show for it. threw everything from jigs, plastics, topwater, chatter/spinner baits.

picked up 2 more on the west shore off the bank.

nothing on the far end.

headed back up the east shore my buddy picked up the lunker (4 lbs) on some plastic (i think it was a baby brush hog, but could have been anything). picked up 3 more for the remaining run up the east shore to the bank.

total ~15 fish. was hoping for more but it was a fun night of fishing.

what i would do different? bigger jig (i was using a 1/4 oz spot stalker jig head with a twin tail grub), more spinner bait or maybe a big texas rigged worm).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: