CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Kayak Fishing
Viewing Topic: My last minute decision pays up! @ Eagleville lake.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Evil Bass Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:28 am    Post subject: My last minute decision pays up! @ Eagleville lake. Reply with quote

Well my decision of not going to Mattabasset river yesterday, (sunday july 12) end up being good for me, went to Eagleville lake instead because a thought Mattabasset will be crowded with the new ramp open and stuff... Any way in Eagleville lake i enter the water around 5:30am paddle up to the north east corner where the river ends and let the yak go whit the flow... only saw 4 kayakanglers @6:30am and like 3 or 4 people just paddling around during the day... I started up with a Savage gear black frog, got 2 strikes but I dint hooked any of them, so I changed to a flipping jig green pumpkin with a matching color craw on it and everything changed many little bass taking the bait at first, no hooks so i cut the craw shorter and manage to catch like 6 in 3 hours, I noticed they where only on the shadows where no weeds growth or in heavy structure (so skipping the jig under branches all the way to the shore works great for me) any way I was on fire!! Lol (i forgot my sunscreen) it was @80°+ by11:30am and the water temp 75° so I called for the day @ noon on my way out I decided to do some trolling with a live target square bill 2'to5' deep swimmer and manage to catch the biggest bass of the day @15" long closer to one of the islands. The smallest wast 10" and the rest where all 14", no pickerel, Thanks God!! Since I know they are many in there. Any way i have some pictures on my instagram page @Im_camboya go check them and follow me if you are a kayak angler from CT i will like to see your kayak adventures too and follow your page... THANKS!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: My last minute decision pays up! @ Eagleville lake. Reply with quote

Nice report. Are you talking about Eagleville pond?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Kayak Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: