CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Kayak Fishing
Viewing Topic: Need some bass fishing ideas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PRO12

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Need some bass fishing ideas Reply with quote

I have only bin in fresh water once with my yak and never bin bass fishing What is a good line to use I can easily change over one of my small salt water setup. What type of bait ( something all purpose don't want to go crazy with new equipment ) and a good place to go in Fairfield County.
AVec80X

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to grab a bag of plastics (Yamamoto Senko, Yum Dinger, Berkley Powerworm), some 3/0 worm hooks and a spool of 8# mono line for $15-20 depending on the brand(s) you buy. Personally, I think a Texas Rigged plastic is the most versatile bait...especially for someone new to Bass fishing.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll294/catchfishwithchris/Rigging/TexasRig.jpg

I'm from the Eastern portion of the state, I can't offer up any spot advice over your way.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is a good color on the soft plastic worms?
AVec80X

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer Watermelon Red for Senkos and Yum Dingers (Green with red flakes). For Powerworms, I've had luck with many colors, but Tequila Sunrise is my go to (Light & Dark Purple Mix).

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I got Berkley power bait Tequila Sunrise 6 inch worm and 5 inch Sendo watermelon worm and wacky worm 4 INCH green with red flks is this OK to start fishing?
AVec80X

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PRO12 wrote:
OK I got Berkley power bait Tequila Sunrise 6 inch worm and 5 inch Sendo watermelon worm and wacky worm 4 INCH green with red flks is this OK to start fishing?

Sounds like you're ready to start haulin Bass! Good luck!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help now I just have to find a place to go😊 I think Lake Zore is the closest to me or Indian Wells state park but $9 parking fee. I don't feel like driving up to Candlewood lake to big and don't know my way around.
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live near your town, Pro12.
Here are a list of places within a half hour drive that bode well for freshwater kayak fishing, in no particular order

Nells Rock Reservoir, Shelton
Great Hollow Pond, Monroe
Black Pond, Meriden
Silver Lake, Newington
Hanover Pond, Meriden
Housatonic River launch on rt 34, Oxford, free launch, within the Keith Mitchell forest
Seymour Reservoirs #1 through 4. Seymour/Oxford line
Lake Lilinonah, state launch on pond brook in Newtown, free
PRO12

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. Looks like lake lilinonah will be the best for me. Don't know my way around the lake but it will be fun to try some fresh water fishing for a change.1 question will most fish be in the deeper water or along the shore under cover?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Kayak Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: