CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Nice One for Beardsley 8/5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 10:53 pm    Post subject: Nice One for Beardsley 8/5 Reply with quote

After working 4 days in a row and getting plenty of sleep Tuesday night, I was limited on fishing Wednesday. Thought about hitting Seaside, but once I stepped outside and felt that breeze, I decided to hit Beardsley.

Arrived at Bunnell's Pond around 5:15 and covered many areas with no luck. Lures I was throwing were spinners, Torpedoes, FLR-8, and HJ-6.

I then head up a bit to a nice spot on the Pequonnock at Beardsley that has a thing for topwater bass. I start throwing a Snag Proof mouse in the shallow weedy stretches but nothing. I then switch over to a Tiny Torpedo in a deeper area with scattered weeds. As I do a slow steady retrieve with an occasional twitch, I see a wave on the surface come from thick weeds towards the lure and then, BAM!

This fish was pulling on my 6 pound mono! Got it in and landed a 17.5" 3 pound 2 ounce largemouth! That's a big one for Beardsely these days!

Kept throwing in deeper areas with scattered weeds but had no more action, so I headed back down to Bunnell's Pond and landed a dinky 3" bass.

Hit the road around 7:30

17.5" 3 pound 2 ounce Largemouth on Heddon Tiny Torpedo

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: