CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Crystal Lake 8/5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SenkoMan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject: Crystal Lake 8/5 Reply with quote

Hit crystal again this morning from 4:30 to 11am. Started out with the 6" green pumpkin in the deeper weeds and tossed it up shallow too. Got 4 keepers in the 1-2lb range by the time I got to the eastern shoreline. Threw the wakebait where I had a blowup on it last time, and as soon as the bait hit the water, the fight was on. Eventually got her up to the boat, and she weighed in at 3lbs 10oz, nice fish. Tossed it for another 1/2hr without a hit, so I switched back to the 6" green pumpkin. Got a couple 12" fish in 12-15ft weeds, nothing near docks. Tried a 4" watermelon on a dropshot for a while, but got nothing. Motored over to the other side of the beach on the western shoreline and worked some structure in 15-20ft with the dropshot. Got 4 1-2lb fish in a couple hours and lost one that was ripping drag, must have been a good fish. Had to work it very slow to get bit. Bite died for the last hour, and I was off by 11. Overall good day with 11 keepers, and of course the one that got away.
Skeeter-ron

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SenkoMan

What type of wake bait do you use? I've started using. She'll cracker by black dog. That thing works great.
SenkoMan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skeeter-ron,

I use a 7" ms slammer, which I throw on my striper rod. I don't get too much on it, but when I do get a fish, it is usually a good one.
Skeeter-ron

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Slammer is a nice bait...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: