CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Twin Brooks & Beardsley 8/9
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:00 pm    Post subject: Twin Brooks & Beardsley 8/9 Reply with quote

Sunday I headed up to Twin Brooks arriving around 2:45. Skies were partly cloudy, winds were a steady 5 to 10 southerly, and air was mild and dry.

I covered a number of areas with Baby Torpedo, silver violet willow bladed inline, HJ-6, and a few soft plastics.

At 1 pond was where I beat the skunk with a slender 12" pickerel on the Baby Torpedo.

I checked out the areas where I was into all of those bluegills in September last year and had a few hitting a soft plastic rig, but the hook was too big for them. Bigger gills weren't interested as they watched the smaller ones. Also saw 2 perch.

Worked the areas on the larger pond with the Baby Torpedo and lost 2 nice bass that looked about 3 pounds.

Hit the road around 5:45 and headed down to Beardsley.

I waded in the upper section of the Pequonnock over by the playground du to how low the water level was. Threw mostly the willow inline and had a number of swipes and lost a few small fish. They all seemed to be small bass and redbreasts.

Next spot was down by where I caught the 3 pounder. Landed a cookie cutter around a pound on the Baby Torpedo.

Cover areas down at Bunnell's Pond where I landed a small 3" bass that was very chunky and had beautiful colors. Caught it with the spinner where there was fry going back and forth along the shore.

Hit the road around 7:15
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: