CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Twin Brooks 8/23
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject: Twin Brooks 8/23 Reply with quote

Sunday I headed out for Twin Brooks Park and arrived at 2:38. Air was in moist, temps were around 80, sky was mostly cloudy, winds were a light east with gusts up to 10, and forecast was calling for a 30% chance of a passing shower or storm.

I started off at the upper pond but niente.

Next was the pond across and tried going for the bluegills at the 2 usual spots, but the east breezes and low water levels were not cooperating. While still at that pond, I looked at some other spots and saw a bass cruising and a nice yellow hanging out in 1 area. The yellow was never interested in anything I tried throwing, but landed the bass with a Berkley Sick Fish Jr. The fish was 13" perfect 1 pound.

Later I checked out another spot at the same pond before hitting a number of spots at the main pond but no luck. Saw a school of gills with 1 redbreast hanging out in 1 spot. Tried to get the redbreast and the biggest gill to hit a few small soft plastics. Lost the redbreast and the gill was never interested.

Checked out a few spots on the Pequonnock. Water was very low and only saw 1 brookie still hanging around, as for trout.

Hit my usual spots at the larger pond. Once I got to the usual topwater spot and was throwing a Tiny Torpedo, I got into a bite. Varied the retrieve. Landed a 14" 1 pound 6 ounce bass, lost a nice bass, and had 2 other explosions. Many painted turtles would follow too. Once nothing else was happening, I moved on but nothing else. I was able to wade with my hip waders far out by the southern point where Booth Hill Brook feeds out. Many weeds and pads have died also.

My last stop was the funeral home to find lots of duck weed and water level to be very low. I started with the Tiny Torpedo but only had 1 small hit on the edge of duck weed. Once I noticed all the small and medium sized frogs along the shores where duck weed was the thickest, I threw a Snag Proof weedless mouse. Total was 5 blow ups and lost 1. 3 blow ups were right on the edge of duck weed while the other 2 were by the same fish underneath the weeds. That fish was a nice one!

Hit the road at 7:45.

Chunky 14" 1 pound 6 ounce largemouth on Heddon Tiny Torpedo at Twin Brooks Park
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: