CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: VA guy coming to CT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tubelover

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject: VA guy coming to CT Reply with quote

Hey everybody my name is Rodney. I am from Front Royal, Virginia. My wife is from Voluntown, CT. We will be visiting the inlaws next week from Oct. 21 til Oct. 26. I love me some smallmouth fishing so I am bringing my kayak along and I am looking for some information on rivers near Voluntown where I might catch a few smallies. From studying the area on google maps it looks like the Quinebaug River will probably be my destination. Any suggestions on where I could put in and take out would be appreciated, or another stream/river if I would be wasting my time. I know there are lots of lakes in the area but I am a river guy. I live near the Shenandoah river and I have a RiverPro jet boat that I normally fish from but this time I will just have a kayak. Not asking for anybodys hotspots, just a point in the right direction. Thanks
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rodney. You've got a lot of good fishing out that way, though I'm not the one that can provide as much info as I fish more central and NW. Just wanted to send a shout out, as my wife and I moved up here from Warrenton 13 years ago. I've got family in the valley and love getting back down to fish the Shenandoah and it's tributaries. You should also be able to target some pike in that area on the edges of flats, tributary mouths, etc., which are a lot of fun in a yak and not something you'll run into in VA. They'll hit big swim baits, spinnerbaits, etc.

Tight Lines!
Brian

http://www.ct.gov/deep/lib/deep/fishing/weekly_reports/FishReport100815.pdf
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: