CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Need info on campground with ice-fishing for boy scouts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ScoutMasterAngler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:04 pm    Post subject: Need info on campground with ice-fishing for boy scouts Reply with quote

Our boy scout troop is planning an ice-fishing trip in mid-February to northwestern CT. I've identified the Mohawk State Forest as offering both camping and two ponds for fishing (Mohawk pond and Clark pond). While I know there are bigger and better ice-fishing locations, we're trying to find a state park or forest where we can camp and go ice-fishing. Can anyone suggest a place? Thanks
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
What about the Boy Scout Camp on West Hill Pond, or ask for the use of the Girl Scout Camp in Torrington.
Will need to check and see if the ice is safe first.
IceMan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:19 pm    Post subject: Other choices in MA Reply with quote

My troop goes to MA BSA camps in Jan or Feb. The two BSA camps we frequent are Camp Moses in Russell, MA or Camp Chesterfield in Chesterfield,MA. Campsites or cabin can be booked for all registered BSA Troops or Packs thru the Western Mass. BSA Council. Easy instructions on their website. Just came back from Camp Chesterfield this past weekend and pond had 4 - 4.5 in of ice.

Greatly recommended.
ChaoSki

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject: Re: Other choices in MA Reply with quote

Not really up north (mid state) there is boyscout campground section at Kettletown state park. There are tails of big pikes in those water (although I have never caught even a small one there....but not in the winter, I usually fish for pike spring/fall)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: