CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: First trip on the FishNDaze II
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fishndaze

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:55 pm    Post subject: First trip on the FishNDaze II Reply with quote

To start off I'd like to introduce myself and say Hi. Ive been on this forum for a few years now but i have been away since the end of 2014 as things were quite hectic for me in 2015. Some of you might remember me from the Kayak fishing forums but i have purchased a boat this year and am in the process of selling the kayak. Anyway now for the report. Took my new boat out for its first trip of the year mainly to see if anything needed fixing or mainetance so I'd be ready to go fishing this year. Also decided to bring a few rods and wet some lines to see if anything would bite. Launched out of Branford boat launch at 6 AM sunday , conditions were alright. Put the new Raymarine Dragonfly 7 pro to the test and Im in love with it. The WiFish feature on it allows you to connect a tablet or phone using its built-in wifi and dsiplay the units Sonar on the screen of your tablet or Phone. This is a great feature to have as it enables you to not only use a ten inch screened tablet to enable multi screen view such as sonar on the tablet and navigation on the 7 pro but also when you are fishing in a spot out of view of the Fishfinder you can look at your screen on your phone to view the sonar and see where the fish are in the water column. So after driving around a bit decided to head to branford reef , marked a few fish along the edges, nothing biting, then to the thimble islands, again marked a few fish nothing biting, and then headed back home. The boat I bought is a 1987 sea ox , it rode really nice , a little rough on the back when you are in some chop but not too bad. The older Sea Ox's had problems with the wood rotting out inside the hull but this boat seems to be alright. It will make one heck of a fishing platform for years to come for sure. The day went good without any problems except my bilge didnt seem to work although upon removing the drain plug and nothing coming out i figured maybe it just didnt have any water to pump. Anyway , wasnt expecting to catch anything on this trip but did want to see if i could mark some bait balls. Im sure in the next few weeks things will start to liven up due to the warmer weather right around the corner.

"A bad day of fishing is better than a good day at work"
LUNKERBASSERFISHING

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck. See ya out there ! Get that pump working. Cheap insurance.
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back. You didn't buy the Sea Ox in Stonington near Barn Island did you? Just curious, because I looked at one there that was a really nice boat. Used the Raymarine Dragonfly down in FL and found it much more user friendly than my Lowrance. Enjoy the new boat!
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
fishingeastcoast

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: