CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Hop Brook lake, middlebury
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TryHardCTx37

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: Hop Brook lake, middlebury Reply with quote

went over to hop brook today for a couple hours, started fishing around 1:00. We were throwing 4 inch slugos from the colvert. The Second cast Bren took with it, he hooked up and it was a pretty little suprise, it was a rainbow trout. Iv'e never seen a more stocked fish. Just thought it was pretty cool to see a trout on a plastic for bass. The fishin was slow for the next half hour after the trout, but then a sudden wave of good sized bass started hitting Bren was the first to set into one. It was a Soild 2 Pound bass. I do want to note that the fish fight like bulls. There were on and off bass from then on in. At this time we where about to leave and in a rush i casted over a stick and the bait just dipped into the water, it got hit by a dink bass. i set the fish and pulled him almost 15 feet in the air then he came off but it was a soild day...

Me- 4 bass( the best being a Two pounder)
Bren-8 bass, One trout( best was a two pounder)

Good place

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked that place out a while back and it looks like a nice spot. It is pay to enter because it's an Army Corps dam. I also heard it can get crowded on weekends. The good news is you can get into other Army Corps sites with the same pass.

Nice job catching fish and thanks for the report.
rxpxtx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are the other ACE spots in CT Dawg? I'm looking for a website to see if it's worthwhile to get a pass.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if they are all pay to play but here's a list for New England

http://www.nae.usace.army.mil/Recreation/damlist.htm
rxpxtx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks bud!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried there once back in early june but only pulled in one or two dinks. The worst thing about the place was they kick everyone out at like 7 pm, which totally killed my after work evening bite. Back then there was no one charging at the gate, and it was after memorial day, but i might have just been lucky. Nice looking lake, but i like fishing at sundown and that aint happening at 7 pm this time of year.
rxpxtx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm an evening/night guy, so I rarely go to places with time limits after work. There is nothing worse than being on the bite and having to cash in because someone is going to have your truck towed.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can park on the side of rt 63 right after the army corp dam building so you dont have to worry about getting towed
Jon0812

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live right behind this lake, its about a 5 minute walk from my town house. Hit me up if you want somewere to park my condos have a huge parking lot. I also never get charged to walk in we have our own private trail entrance.
LUNKERBASSERFISHING

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part at top and walk down to lake to avoid paying. It's an 8 min walk. Hit it the day after they stocked and was the only one there. Caught over 30 brook trout.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: