CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Best Bite in 2 Weeks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject: Best Bite in 2 Weeks Reply with quote

Wednesday morning I got to Seaside around 5am. Tides for Bridgeport Harbor were high 7:04, low 1:18, and high 7:32. Water temps have gotten pretty warm recently, and the local buoy stayed around 72 throughout the day. Air was cool and moist early with cloudy skies before becoming warm and dry and mostly sunny. Winds were light and variable in the morning before becoming a steady 8mph westerly flow.

I started the day with my 9 footer and limited myself on heavier long casting lures. Saw fish busting bait at a few spots but never got into anything.

Once the clouds started breaking up and it got warmer out, I headed home to change and also switch to my 7'6" Star Rods Stellar and bring smaller swimmers.

I get to Remington for the outgoing tide and landed a number of blues no bigger than 14" with a FLR-10.

The bite eventually shut down as tide got lower so I checked out more spots before going Downtown for lunch and taking it easy.

Later in the evening as it was getting closer to high tide, a topwater bite turned on at Breezy Point. One spot produced a small striper and 2 of those small blues on a 4" Tsunami pencil popper. Another spot had nice sized tailors closer to shore, and I was able to get out to them with a custom wood bottle neck just over an ounce, resulting in landing a 4lb and 6lb tailor.

The evening topwater bite was the best I had seen in 2 to 3 weeks. Tailors that were being landed were bigger than what people had been into 3 weeks ago at Remington. It seems like now that the water is over 70 degrees, bigger tailors have left Remington and are cruising the main shoreline.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: