CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Awesome Evening Bite!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:25 pm    Post subject: Awesome Evening Bite! Reply with quote

Sunday afternoon I decided to check out Beardsley Park, from the upper sections along the Pequonnock down to a few spots at Bunnell's Pond. Arrived around 3:45. Skies were mostly cloudy, air was moist and cool, winds were southeast 8 to 12, and showers were lingering in the area with a slow moving front.

Was surprised and disappointed with the bite at Beardsley, so once it was 6, I hit the lower Pequonnock.

At the Wonderland of Ice, water was flowing nicely and was clean. 2 lures working were a Brown Trout FLR-6 and G-Finish Shad Tiny Torpedo. Landed 2 cookie cutters, 1 small crappie, and 1 redbreast with the FLR-6, along with 4 cookie cutters on the Tiny Torpedo.

Next I hit the lower tidal section at Glenwood Park. That's were I had a topwater bite going on the Tiny Torpedo. Cookie cutters up to chunky 1 pounders and small stripers up to 8" were slamming the Tiny Torpedo! The Tiny Torpedo, along with the FLR-6, caught me at least 10 cookie cutters and small stripers combine!

Once the fish stopped hitting, as if I caught all of them, I hit the stretch along BMW of Bridgeport. That's where I landed 3 yellows up to 7" on the FLR-6 and 5 cookie cutters on the Tiny Torpedo and FLR-6 combined!

Hit the road just before 8.

The bigger cookie cutters were really pulling on my 5'6" Powerlight rod and 6lb IronSilk line.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: