CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Slower
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject: Slower Reply with quote

Monday 8/22 I arrived at the rocks on Fayerweather around 3:45pm. Picked up a pair of waist high waders at Bass Pro Shops Sunday, so was able to get out farther this time. Respooled my Conflict 2500 with 14lb Fireline after getting a big tangle about 2 weeks ago. High tide for Black Rock was scheduled for 3:02 and the buoy had been staying steady at 78.1.

As I kept casting with numerous topwaters, I only got 2 explosions. 1 was on a custom wood 1.3oz yellow pencil and the other was on a custom wood 2oz silver blue bottle neck. Saw terns busy out by 2A and the red buoy by 2A.

As the afternoon went on, 2 familiar faces arrived. Tide was going out and sunset was getting closer, so we were hoping for a good bite.

I only got 3 more explosions which came on the same lures. The 2 other guys were getting into the strike zone at a certain angle, with made both of them land 2 tailors and get a few explosions.

Once it was time for police to close the gates, the other guys left and I went to see what the smaller blues were doing. Kept throwing a Bone Heddon Spook Jr with a large treble on the rear only. Pretty soon had my limit. Other than steady walk the dog, the blues would even hit the lure if I steadily retrieved it on the surface with an occasional twitch.

Hit the road when there was hardly any light over the horizon.

Blues I was catching this time ranged from 2 to 3 pounds with hardly anything smaller. Out by the rocks it was slower for all of us vs Thursday and recent days the others have been there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: