CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Saugatuck River Brown Trout Fishing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
willR.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject: Saugatuck River Brown Trout Fishing Reply with quote

I went out today after playing video games (Im a 13 year old boy and belive you must get outside) into my backyard as the river runs through there. I tossed in a 1 inch trout Rapala (count down) and Jigged it in. At my second cast I hooked about a 10-12 inch brown trout. The treble hooks got him good but he did not swallow it. after Trying to get the hook off and dipping him in the water a few times to breath (I did not have any thing with me at the time) I got him off. I went to the sand bar because the water was so low, even after the rain we had that day. I casted a few more times with no luck, but plenty of smaller fish followed it up. After that I headed inside. The lure I used was a Rapala countdown and the rod I used was a rod called Xtra lite which is a great trout or small bass rod.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: