CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: Connecticut River - Hamburg Cove 05/05
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PECo

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Connecticut River - Hamburg Cove 05/05 Reply with quote

I know that I said I’m done searching for anadromous white perch in Hamburg Cove, this year, but I’m a glutton for punishment. JJay (aka Jason) is, too, because he went with me, again, on Saturday. The conditions looked pretty good:

We were on the water from 11:20 am to 4:20 pm. We launched our kayaks in the inner cove at the crude ramp next to the Hamburg Cove Yacht Club. The only lure I threw was a two-inch, Pearl White, Berkeley PowerBait Power Grub on a 1/8 ounce, chartreuse, Arkie ball jighead. I boated my first fish before we paddled to the outer cove. I caught 20 yellow perch up to 13 inches long:

Four or five assorted sunfish:

Five or six chain pickerel up to 25-1/2 inches long:

One 13-1/2 inch long smallmouth bass:

And three largemouth bass, of which two were keepers up to 14 inches long:

Meanwhile, Jason caught a sunny, a couple of yellow perch and a catfish:

Although he didn’t catch many fish, he won the day, because he also caught one of the target species:

Well, just barely. . . .

I really AM done with white perch in Hamburg Cove, now, because I’ll be out of town for a while. Hopefully, the fishing will be better down in Florida.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: