CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Saltwater Reports
Viewing Topic: Niantic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WfdAngler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Niantic Reply with quote

Been fishing Niantic area a couple of times a week for the month of June. Really tough month. Got a few keeper Fluke earlier right in front of millstone but nothing keepable in the last 3 trips. No porgies and only short sea bass. I usually hit black point for a few hours, bartletts for a bit and the dumping grounds in front of the Thames. I did make one trip to the south of fishers one nice day (Im in a 16' tracker) but no keeper fluke. I saw a school of small stripers (landed one) on some bait out at Bartletts on Tuesday but all in all not a lot happening.
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report. When you say you're in a 16' tracker, you mean a deep-vee, right?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes a deep-v.
Went back today. There are a lot of schoolie stripers hanging around at Bartletts now just follow the birds. The big change is that the porgies have finally filled in. I found them all over and there are some big ones. I also fished deep 100'+ (the far end of Bartletts and Black poiint) to try and find some sea bass I managed a dozen small sea bass and 20-30 sea robins. I think the big sea bass are probably there, there is just a lot of small stuff to weed through. I still only found fluke in a couple key spots,including right in front of millstone, I ended up with 5 shorts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Saltwater Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: