CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Buy, Sell and Trade – Classifieds
Viewing Topic: Catch minnows, crawfish. helgrammites, etc.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scooper47

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 8:13 am    Post subject: Catch minnows, crawfish. helgrammites, etc. Reply with quote

I am giving away for free a nylon minnow seine with a deep pocket in the middle. It is approximately 14 feet by 4 feet with floats on top and lead weights on the bottom. It is illegal to use in Massachusetts in fresh water, but may be legal in salt. I don’t know about other states. Whether you could roll it up on two poles to the maximum eight feet and tie it down with nylon ties and be legal is not clear to me. Cutting out sections is another possibility. That would make two legal seines plus a minnow net for a hoop handle from the large pocket in the middle (use an old landing net – kids love these).

Note: you need a fishing license to catch minnows. In MA, age 15 and older.

If you do cut it up, please recycle the lead weights responsibly. There is a recycling center in Holyoke MA that will buy the lead from you.

Pick up in NW Easthampton MA, 4.6 miles from the Mt. Tom boat launch on Rte. 5 on the CT River. Also, 8.5 miles from the Holyoke canal that is the prime shad-fishing spot in Western Massachusetts (they are currently killing them!).[/img]
scooper47

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2019 11:34 am    Post subject: Fish free, too! Reply with quote

This weekend, June 1 & 2, you can come up and fish for free anywhere and then pick up my net. Full disclosure: you can come up and fish for free without picking up my net.
PECo

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Thanks for the info. . . and the offfer!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject: Gone Reply with quote

The net has been taken.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Buy, Sell and Trade – Classifieds All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: