CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Kayak Fishing
Viewing Topic: Sunny side Boat Launch
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladyfisher

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:05 am    Post subject: Sunny side Boat Launch Reply with quote

I was told launching a Kayak is free but you must park in the upper lot. How safe is this ? Has anyone had/heard of any problems with parking there ?
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been to the launch many times and didn't get the sense of potential issues.
PECo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a Sunnyside permit and have never heard that vehicles without trailers could not park in the lower (i.e., riverside) lot without a permit. My understanding is that permits are required only for trailered boats.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never had any permit issues kayak launching there. Police does come thru there often and DEEP as well.

Area is a little rough around the edges at times (close to trailer park) but in general I never had any issues and have always met decent people there.
coastieyaker

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a dumb question but what species of fish are located in that section of the Housy?
I know it produces stripers in the winter, but what is prevalent in the warm months?

thanks,
ChaoSki

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical CT river fish. Yellows, Cats, LMBass, some pike in there and huge Carp. I've caught 30lbers in that section of river.

Best part about it is that most people are Salt water fisherman (striper fishing). So rest of the fish are ignored.

I'm sure there is sturgeon in there as well, just like CT River.
PECo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo wrote:
I have a Sunnyside permit and have never heard that vehicles without trailers could not park in the lower (i.e., riverside) lot without a permit. My understanding is that permits are required only for trailered boats.

THIS is no longer true. Shelton has begun ticketing non-resident vehicles that do not display a launch permit sticker and park at Sunnyside. A buddy who has his sticker on his boat trailer was ticketed when he parked at Sunnyside without his trailer. I’m displaying my sticker on my Jeep, instead of on my trailer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Kayak Fishing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: