CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: What do you guys think about this?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: What do you guys think about this? Reply with quote

A two lake tournament,fish 4-5 hours on one lake ,weight in,then fish 4-5 hours on another body of water(closeby of course).
Example-lower bolton 6am-11am,coventry lake 1pm-5pm
any thoughts on this type of format?
Just4fun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That'd make for an awfully lonnnnnng day. Personally, I don't see enough upside to bother with the hassle of launching, trailering, and weighing in twice. Those things take quite a bit of time, and getting the boats launched the 2nd time would be even more of a hassle if it's the middle of the day and you have a bunch of non-tourney folks using the ramp as well. Just my opinion though!
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point,had not thought about those things..that is why you post something like that to get feedback on.
SkeeterJim

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto what Mark said!
karate kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you can do is have teams and have 1 team in upper moodus and the other team in lower and have the weigh in at lower. lake will be by blind draw.

You can also make it to were if any team whats to pull in and lanch at the other lake they can.

Example My team mayes are catching fish in upper and i'm not getting any in lower so i pull out and move to upper. Its been done b4. Ctfisherman just did one with 12 teams 6 upper 6 lower. Its kinda cool.
Pappy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim;

I like the concept of a multi-lake tourney though, just not on the same day. Why not run a multi-lake touney over a number of weekends. You could pick 2 or 3 three lakes all with different distinctives and conduct a tourney with each lake having it's own day. The prizes would be awarded based upon a combined bag at the final lake. You could charge a double fee for two lakes, triple fee for three to make the $$$ worthwhile. It would be the same cost as fishing three seperate tourneys, so financially no drawback. Collect the entry fee before the first lake and it should work. It doesn't need to be consecutive weeks either.

Walt
karate kid

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walt,
The only problem with that is its hard to get the same people to show up at more then one tourney and they wont pay for the ones they can't make.
MikeHoncho

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're looking to spice things up a bit, consider holding a "holes" style tourney. Divide the lake up into 4 sections. Parcel the teams into 4 groups, blind draw for order of rotation throught the course. 1.5 hours in each hole. Fish anywhere you want for the last segment.
T_Shan BAWS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:09 pm    Post subject: Two-Day Tourney Reply with quote

Why not do a two-day, two separate bodies of water tourney over one weekend? Make them 6 hours each, so two full weekend days aren't monopolized. 6-noon at Bolton on Sat and 6-noon at Coventry on Sunday, or something like that. If it were along those lines, and I don't have a club or CTO or I'm not on spit'n'slay, then I'd be interested. Just a suggestion . . . .
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That last ieda sounds good,two lakes that are reasonably close and dot require lots of running time(gas $$$$).Lets see if we can work it out.
John
Just4fun

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sat & Sunday sounds like fun,..how about upper and lower Moodus? It'd have to be limited to 5 boats,..unless we want to do half the field on each lake,..then swap for the next day! Actually,..that's sounding better and better to me! Howsabout I cancel the Housy fiasco on the 12th and we try for the Moodus deal on opening day weekend, the 19th & 20th?? How many would be in for that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: