CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: Sad but true...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Justin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Sad but true... Reply with quote

I have heard from other people that they have had people tamper with their boat trailer/tow vehicle while out fishing on Candlewood, but didn't think anything of it until the stories came true.

I launched out of Squantz this past Sunday (6/1), and as usual at the end of the day, loaded my boat on the trailer and headed for home to Farmington. Before I got there, I heard a thumping sound coming from behind me...turned out that someone thought it would be a funny joke to loosen the lug nuts on one of the tires on my trailer. Needless to say, it caused some damage, but it only makes me wonder what would have happened had I not had a locking nut on...would they have stolen the rim and tire, or worse, could it all have come off on the highway and possibly killed me or someone else? Either way, it's a sick joke that couldn't be any further from being funny.

I guess Candlewood does need more patrols, but not on the lake; more on land. Also, the local police department is useless as the officer I spoke to didn't believe me when I told him what happened. I doubt it, but maybe the state police and/or DEP will find those involved in doing this disturbing act, as they actually took down my information and seemed somewhat sincere about it.

So make a note to yourself, check your tow vehicle and trailer for vandalism before leaving the launch.
djmon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats crazy. i dont have a trailer but still the thought of someone screwing around with your car or something isnt a thought i want while trying to fish.

kind of a side note to this: the other night i was at wintergreen with a friend and there were a group of 6 kids ranging between 16 to early 20's i'd say and they were throwing rocks and junk all in the water not too far from where i was. now if you fish the spot where they were theres so many more rock and its easier to get caught up.

honestly people that aren't there to fish need to just find another place to screw around. theres always going to be that person that gets enjoyment out of fouling up someone elses day.

anyways sorry about your trailer and i hope it doesn't happen again
ploplopfizzfizz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry to hear this.Also people are actually climbing under cars and quick cutting off parts for scrap including,mufflers,catal.converters and other parts.
So be aware if you see people screwing around with cars or trucks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 seasons ago, at Pachaug Pond, Pointing Dog and I were the first to show up at the launch for a 6am start tourney. We noticed in the parking area a couple of trucks, must be night fishing we said to each other, as it was about 5:15am, that's when we noticed a window had been smashed out of 1 of the trucks. CD's were all over the ground outside the truck, and the truck had been gone through pretty bad. We immediately called 911 and got the State Police out there. Just before the Cops arived, the guys showed up at the launch in their boat to pull out, and we had to tell them the bad news. They were pretty pissed off to say the least. It's too bad that this has to happen, some people have no respect for other poeples things. I'm sure with the economy the way it is, were going to hear and see more of this unfortunately.

Again I'm sorry to hear of your troubles at Candlewood.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm guessing with people not wanting to spend their own money to buy things, they'll be trying to take from others.

So far the bills are up to $400 and I still have to replace the rim and tire.

I'm just hoping that it doesn't happen again to me or anyone else, but if it does, make sure it gets reported so that those who are put to the task of catching these idiots will know enough that something needs to be done.
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin,

I'm sorry to hear about what happen. I think I will put some locking lug nuts on the trailer now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the McGard brand and they run between $30 and $40 for a set of 4.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: