CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: CTFishTalk VS. CTFisherman Team Tournament? Cancelled Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:41 am    Post subject: CTFishTalk VS. CTFisherman Team Tournament? Cancelled Reply with quote

I'm thinkin Lower Bolton Lake, the next date I have available to fish is August 3rd. I think the DEP will give us a permit for 20 boats there, 10 of ours and 10 of theirs.

We'll make it a trolling motor only tourney, that way no mater what size boat or outboard you have, the playing field wiil be level. 5 Fish limit, 2 man teams, no live bait, yada yada yada.............

Last edited by slimecoat on Mon May 12, 2008 12:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Just4fun

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will it be some kind of team format, or are you just having a regular tourney and inviting both sites?

(Also, if any of the money goes to the CTF site,..I would personally have a big problem with it!)
chuckc
Forum Police

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just4fun wrote:
Will it be some kind of team format, or are you just having a regular tourney and inviting both sites?

(Also, if any of the money goes to the CTF site,..I would personally have a big problem with it!)

only 15.95 Razz
Fish-head

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chuck..... Laughing

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of ideas for the tourney format, and I am currently waiting for PM responses from other site members, but l am open to outside ideas. So let me know your thoughts on this tourney as to how you might want to see it run, or broken down.

Another issue that I thought about last night, is that the DEP will not issue us exemption papers for the size limits of fish in July and August on Bass Management Lakes. So if we keep this tourney at Lower Bolton Lake, we would have to make it a slot limit tournament, and I am against that, too much hassle and BS to deal with.

I would consider moving it to some other non Bass Management Lake, such as Long Pond. I am stuck to August 2nd or 3rd for dates, as my schedule does not allow me to run anything before this time. If you guys want to do this sooner, someone else can take the ball and run with it, and I'll take a back seat.

I also need to find out from the DEP, what lakes are available for these dates, we may just be spinning our wheels at this point.

Let me know what you think.
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha! this could get ugly. go for it

Just one more cast...
perfect hook set

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could fish any local tourney as long as it wasn't too expensive and we launched in Danbury (candlewood).

ctfisherman has a Tourney soon but, I have yet to find a boater which is also a freakin issue

I am up for it if someone one wanted to let me borrow a pfd and a spot on their boat

Pick Candlewood Lake and maybe a sooner date

This may now work but, each site can have their own tourney and the anglers who place in the top 5 or 10 or 15 spots will compete against the other sites top 5 or 10 or 15 anglers...

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, it's not going to be at candlewood, too far for me to travel, blame those damn oil mongers. The date is going to be Aug. 2nd or 3rd, unless someone else wants to run it, too much other stuff on my plate.

I'm going to contact the DEP today to find out what is available, I'll keep you posted.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I just talked to Bill Forman at the DEP, here are your options as far as lakes that are open for 12 inch minimum size limits on Sunday August 3rd.

Pachaug Pond - 20 boats allowed
Powers Lake - 10 boats allowed
Glasgo Pond - 10 boats allowed

Let me know where you would prefer to fish this event.

Personally my vote is for Pachaug, bigger body of water, and the DEP will give us a permit for up to 20 boats.
Forum Police

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not the river?
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill Forman did not mention the river, and besides that's where our CTFishTalk field day tournament will be, at Haddam Meadows on June 29th. I thought you guys would like a change of pace. Besides, for me personally, I have 3 other tournaments on the river this summer.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better make sure that CTF doesn't have anything for that date before you go too far,....

My choice would be the smaller tourney on Powers just so we wouldn't have waterskiers and jetski's to contend with! Confused
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thoughts just 4 fun. I,m not too concerned about the jet ski,s and water skiers, but could do without them just the same.

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I post a friendly bragging rights/ team format tournament thread on CTFisherman .com, and Mitch deletes my post.

Then I look in my messages and Mitch wants to know, what is the other site that I am talking about. I titled the post " Anyone interested in a CTFish Talk.com VS CTFisherman.com Team Tournament?"

Just to let you know, I've had to be really professional, and re write this post 3 times before I actually put it up. I'm biting my tongue so hard I've started to bleed!
Maybe Mitch expected me to get his permission to post a Tournament thread?

Maybe this tournament isn't going to happen? The ball is in Mitch's court!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: