CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: Thumbs down on Triplefish fluoro Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Just4fun

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:44 pm    Post subject: Thumbs down on Triplefish fluoro Reply with quote

I've been using both the 10# and 12# for the first part of this season and although I did manage to boat a 6-lber with it,..I really have come to the conclusion that a lot of my recent hookset brak-offs were due to the line and not due to pickeral as I'd originally thought.

It is easy to test by simply giving a sharp tug on line that has a simple overhand knot in it. The Triplefish snaps with very little force.
If I do the same thing my normal Seaguar Carbon pro or Trilene fluoro, I can tug and tug and tug until the knot has all but disappeared without anything breaking!

Just wanted to put out the warning since I had made a post previously about how it was on sale for very cheap (should've known I guess... Rolling Eyes )!!
pdcrack

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guess this means were going to see even more pictures of 6+ lb bass....great.... Rolling Eyes
jk, thanks for the info Mark.
anointed130

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Best Line Reply with quote

What is the Best Line to buy for Bass Fishing?

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
pdcrack

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you're going to need to be a little more specific with that question...ie) what types of baits will you be throwing, what water visibility, etc.
bigbeave1

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me too i bought the 6lb line and its terrible i should just stick to what has always worked for me good old trieline xl

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it aint broke, don't fix it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-ReoBPl4mM
I'm having very good time! Good time for arr!
cobalt

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use cajun line.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, do you think it was on sale because it was on their shelf for 3 years (outdated), or just can't sell it because others think it is crap? I've never used it, I'm just curious. I use Seaguar and Berkley Vanish Fluoro, I like both.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know Gary,...I do know several folks on a national forum that swear by the stuff,...it's why I got some in the first place! I would say that between bigbeave and me,..we've tried it from several different spools in several different weights and it's been universally bad, so that's enough for me that it'll never be on my reels again!

FYI, From talking to a guy that used to work for stren,...fluoro has a much longer shelf-life than regular mono does (something like 10+ years..),....so I doubt that it's an age thing,....
(I know I've got bulk spools of Seaguar Carbon Pro that I've personally had for 4 years now without any loss in strength!)
RyanfromTrumbull

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I stick with the Trieline XL and the P-line co-polymere line have trusted them for years and don't think I am going to switch any time soon.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pcrack, I usually fish soft plasticks like yamamatos and Gulp bait with very light eight on a bait casting rod. I tried Cajun line which was terrible for me, I was getting knotted up every other cast!

Can i be a fisher of fish too?

~Tony~
pdcrack

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

anointed130 wrote:
I tried Cajun line which was terrible for me, I was getting knotted up every other cast!

Could just be your casting Shocked Shocked
Just kidding pal. Well, people will tell you different things... Some prefer mono, others prefer fluorocarbon. Personally, I use braid for my jigs, soft plastics, frogs. I usually have mono for throwing other baits but thats just me. Its all about what you're confident with!
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I agree Mark the Fluoro does have a much longer shelf life than mono. I guess I will stick with what I'm using. Like somebody else said, if it ain't broke don't fix it!

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Line Reply with quote

anointed130 wrote:
What is the Best Line to buy for Bass Fishing?

The kind that doesn't break! Wink Very Happy
LargeFry

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had much luck with the stuff either. I grabbed a 4lb spool out of desperation and I couldn't keep a lure on the stuff. It actually appeared like the line its self was coming apart. After that it went into the trash. I also grabbed some leader material, the 30lb has been good to me so far, but I was surprised when a pike cut me off with the 50lb leader. The fifty has also failed under the weight of some of my larger baits while being casted. Fortunately most of those baits float.

On the other hand, their copolymer has always been good to me, heck it even saved my first baitcasters from the trash can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: