CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » River Reports
Viewing Topic: CT River 5/1/09 Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BoSox46GSR

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:03 pm    Post subject: CT River 5/1/09 Reply with quote

Nothing much going on, just a few rainy day fish, decent bass and a crappie. Both caught on white spinner bait, willow blade/Colorado blade combo.

Probably just a little bit under 3lbs.

Crappie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-ReoBPl4mM
I'm having very good time! Good time for arr!
Tmac

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: what area Reply with quote

what area were you in?
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like marina "x" to me..... Very Happy
pdcrack

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats an awesome looking crappie.
Just4fun

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job,...is that a yeti in the distance on the right edge of the first pic??
pdcrack

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahah mark it does look like a yeti, good eye, i never woulda noticed.
SenkoBandit

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah right good eye it does look a yeti waving at us lol Laughing
Tmac

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 11:28 pm    Post subject: nice Reply with quote

kinda creepy
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is probabaly tralli trying to steal his spot..... Laughing
BoSox46GSR

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually one of those slow children signs in the shape of a child

Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAHAHAHAHAHA Now that's funny John Smile Laughing what the hell is that thing! It's the River Ape!! Smile
BoSox46GSR

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Re: what area Reply with quote

Tmac wrote:
what area were you in?

It was in Chester. Which marina is information I cannot reveal. Went there yesterday with my brother (Esox CT) and we were being hassled by the boaters there. Buncha assholes! I had to laugh at one guy that actually said, "LEAVE THE BASS ALONE! THEY'RE SPAWNING!" We went further down to the point and the owner came down and told us not to fish near boats anymore but we can still fish the point. Kind of beat because a lot of bass and pike have been caught near the boats, but I'm glad we can still go there in season. Especially to see how disapointed that numb nuts was that tried to make us leave. Damn rich folk.

Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin...maybe it is a body.......
Also i told you it is marina "x"
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfortunetly the way the law is set up is that any man made cove or marina off the CT River is at the mercy of the land owner. Just as in deer hunting and a private land owner can tell you to only shoot doe's, even though the state owns the deer. Bass fishing on the River is the same thing. It sucks but it's the law. The owner of the marina can tell you that there's no fishing allowed, catch and release only or whatever he wants. I got into it with the moron at the Seaboard marina last year when he told me I had to put a 5 pounder back. I told him to get bent. We both called the DEP and they told me off the record that it is b.s. BUT he has the right. I felt like a real asshole when the DEP told me I was the one that was wrong. I thought I had the rights because I pay for the fish.... BUT I dont so I dont fish there anymore.....

I know what marina that is in Chester and I will continue to catch those fish until the DEP chases me out. Ive been fishing there for years without an issue....
BoSox46GSR

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Tralli wrote:
unfortunetly the way the law is set up is that any man made cove or marina off the CT River is at the mercy of the land owner. Just as in deer hunting and a private land owner can tell you to only shoot doe's, even though the state owns the deer. Bass fishing on the River is the same thing. It sucks but it's the law. The owner of the marina can tell you that there's no fishing allowed, catch and release only or whatever he wants. I got into it with the moron at the Seaboard marina last year when he told me I had to put a 5 pounder back. I told him to get bent. We both called the DEP and they told me off the record that it is b.s. BUT he has the right. I felt like a real asshole when the DEP told me I was the one that was wrong. I thought I had the rights because I pay for the fish.... BUT I dont so I dont fish there anymore.....

I know what marina that is in Chester and I will continue to catch those fish until the DEP chases me out. Ive been fishing there for years without an issue....

See that's exactly the thing. I've been going there for years without a problem until this asshole decided he was going to hassle us. It wasn't the owner who was being the asshole. We have permission to be there from him and a lot of the employees know that. This was just some douche that has nothing better to do than bother us. The owner's real cool. I can understand that people don't want us fishing near their boats, which is fine with me, but just say so, they tried to round up a posse to chase us out. It was actually pretty funny. I might try it again next weekend Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> River Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: