CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » General Topics
Viewing Topic: My friend injured in Iraq
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SueSeaQ

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: My friend injured in Iraq Reply with quote

His name is Barry Albert and he reenlisted at age 43 with full support from his wife and three children. He gave his leg the beginning of this month in a hum-vee explosion. (You'll see why I put it that way if you watch the video) He is amazing and is already gung ho on his way to recovery, even after just having his last surgery on Saturday. He is in Texas at Brooke Army Hospital and is due to be discharged to a brand new facility, "Center for the Intrepid" Check it out here. http://www.defenselink.mil/home/features/2007/intrepid_center2/

He lives in Windsor Locks, but will be in Texas for the next several months for rehab. His wife can visit every fourth week. We got donations for a laptop for him to stay in touch, so I ask that you sign in on the soldier wall and let him know of your support. Both Barry and his family would appreciate knowing that the country supports them in this difficult time. http://www.soldierwall.com/wall.php?action=showSquare&squareId=6990

Thank you in advance. SSQ

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up about him,...
My message has been sent!
SueSeaQ

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much.... His wife just had her first week's stay and returns home today. She gets to go paid by the government every fourth week but imagine having to add to everything by taking a week off from work and then there's the added money stuff.... I just hope her boss is supportive. It's amazing what our military and their families have voluntarily given up for us. This man is truly special in every sense... his attitude is amazing and he just wants on with his life with the least bit of muss or fuss. I was told he's most worried about those he left behind in Iraq and how what they saw when he was injured is affecting them. Hopefully with the computer he got he will be able to let them know how amazingly well he is taking it all.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> General Topics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: