CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc…
Viewing Topic: Daiwa Procyon Reels anyone?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redneckangler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Daiwa Procyon Reels anyone? Reply with quote

Looking to replace my Quantum Cabo 20 which I used for fresh and UL salt water. This will be the third time in 2 Cabos I've had to have the anti-reverse bearing replaced. This one is out of warranty, and I'm done with Quantum. You are dealing with Zebco. Looked at the Daiwa Procyon that's on sale at Cabelas. They got a couple of decent reviews. Anyone fished one?
Weekly reports from around CT, the LIS and beyond.
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redneckangler wrote:
Looked at the Daiwa Procyon that's on sale at Cabelas. They got a couple of decent reviews. Anyone fished one?

I haven't fished the Procyon, but my experience with a couple of different Daiwa spinning reels hasn't been good. I used to have five or six Cabela's Prodigy reels that were made by Daiwa and one of the bail arms on every single one of them cracked in exactly the same place. The bail on my daughter's Daiwa Takara reel also just crapped out. I think that the bail spring broke. Granted, it's a low end reel, but I'm still going to replace it with a Shimano reel, instead.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 3 Daiwa combos. Every one of them was great when I first got it, however over time (not a lot) they all got worse and worse. I deal mostly with pretty cheap stuff but I don't think I would recommend Daiwa reels.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Value for the money I find to be the Penn Fierce. Smooth retrieve, able to fight fish, good casting, and lives up to its name. I've gotten great deals on auction listings on Ebay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bait, Tackle, Rods and Reels etc… All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: