CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Fishing Tournaments
Viewing Topic: what will this tournamnet season be like??
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnny Skeeter

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:36 pm    Post subject: what will this tournamnet season be like?? Reply with quote

It seems with the economy the way it has been the trails are all taking a big hit as of the numbers last season. Anyone planning on scaling back tournament fishing this year??
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a tourney noob as I have only fished 5 so far. I hope to catch as many rides as I can this season as a non boater. I will fish with anyone willing to take me on the back of there boat, I will pay your entry fee as well as give some doe for gas Wink . Please keep me in mind if any of you need a non boater.

Justin
Justin Tralli

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a couple empty lakes with the boys and a couple with you.... i think im gonna do alittle more out of state fun fishing this year instead of tournaments... a trip to Champ, Erie, Thousand Islands, and Kerr Res. I think ill save my tournament money and go do some fun fishin...

CT RIVER
Every Tuesday Night @ 5 p.m.
EAST HARTFORD LAUNCH
$10 Per Person
Winner Take All!
slimecoat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin how are you gonna only fish a couple empty lake tournies, and save money? You have to pay up front for half the season and then pay for the 2nd half by July 1st. We are looking for a financial commitment.

Or have you decided not to fish with Ronny, and just fill in for us when needed? That is definately cool with us too.

Johnny, the Empty lake club decided to scale back to 12 tournaments from 15 last season. I think some guys were feeling the crunch, and some wanted to spend more time with their families.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

naw im gonna fish them all gary.... by a couple i meant all of them... Smile Ronny hasnt gotten back to me yet so as of right now i dunno who im fishing with.... i cant wait to stomp on you and steve Smile jk
....let the smack talk begin.... Smile
slimecoat

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring it on JT!

You guys will be too busy fighting over the front of the boat to catch fish........

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I just bought a 101lb MinnKota Fortrex... the only one running it will be me Smile
Tmac

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justin didnt you tell us you were quiting the fresh? and joining the salty's,well I dont blame you for coming back fresh water is were the competition is, salt water guys like to fish for mainly fun and to eat great grub, but I seek weigh in and cookouts only the fresh will offer.
flippy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you all know the economy sucks and it will effect fishin in every way, from fun fishing to competition, just look at our license fees, never mind boat maintenance, gas, etc , I think these smaller bass clubs will benefit from this seeing that these bigger tournies are much more money, and time consuming, I think you will see opens at a much smaller payout with less entry fee, this will draw much more people, I think these little opens are going to be the next big thing. And clubs are going to boom, you can join a club cheaper than doing 1 open.
Bass Addict

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

" and joining the salty's,well I dont blame you for coming back fresh water is were the competition is, salt water guys like to fish for mainly fun and to eat great grub"

TMAC, just an FYI, there are plenty of saltwater tourneys but they are expensive but the payouts are huge. They aslo require more travel time. But there are a ton of blue fish, stiper, tuna and shark tourney's - you just have check the saltwater boards. Some of the payouts are over 150K and that doesn't include calcutta bets. They are usually huge events with tons of sponsors and media coverage.

Justin
Pointingdog

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=" i cant wait to stomp on you and steve Smile jk
....let the smack talk begin.... Smile[/quote]

Beware...I met with the Dalai Lama himself this winter!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Fishing Tournaments All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: