CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Red Cedar 5/30
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steven1smith

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:12 pm    Post subject: Red Cedar 5/30 Reply with quote

Hit Red Cedar today in the canoe from 9am to 1pm. Picked up 2 bass on wacky rigged senkos, green pumpkin and black w/blue flake. Bass were about a pound each. Each caught near the weedlines and looked kinda thin, probably postspawn. Saw tons of beds but no bass on them. It's a great place to bring a canoe/kayak to, just go early in the morning or in the evening because the three people who live on the lake with pleasure boats are complete idiots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxCdnQ8WEfQ
PECo

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:05 pm    Post subject: It's worth a shot. . . . Reply with quote

When I went fishing last Thursday, I spent most of my time casting to the edges of isolated weed beds with wacky-rigged five-inch senkos, with no luck at all. It wasn't until I dropped one into the center of a bed that I got a good strike.

If the pond you're fishing has isolated weed beds and the largemouth bass aren't biting, try dropping your lure into the center of a couple of them. The three-pound bass I caught was lurking right in the center of one.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PECo,

Thanks for the tip, I was mostly casting into the shallower weed edges with no luck, and the fish I did catch were around the deeper weed beds. Next time I'll cast directly into the weeds and see what happens. Wink

DV

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those black with blue speck senkos are my favorate color, caught my PB LMB on a texas rigged one in the dark. The purple with black fleck ones are awesome for low light times too. I am with you on the pleasure boats, I really don't see the appeal of circling a lake with you pontoon boat blasting bad music.

Too bad red cedar is like hours away from east windsor, do you have family out there?
steven1smith

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DV,

I live in South Windsor, and the drive is only about an hour, which isn't a bad drive. It's about the same length as Mashapaug. I dont have family there so I only go there 1-2 times a year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: