CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » New Member Section
Viewing Topic: Seems like a good time to introduce myself...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
regl
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Seems like a good time to introduce myself... Reply with quote

I would like to take some time to introduce myself. My name is Reggie and also live in NW CT. I have been good friends with Marc and Lyman for some time now. I have to confess to you all; I am not a fisherman, I don't even own a fishing pole to call my own. Now that you know my secret, i guess you won't be reading to many posts of mine on here. What I am is an 8 year experienced PHP programmer and systems administrator who is here to help the development of this forum. We all have some great ideas for this site and will notify everyone when new features are added.

I would like to address some comments made on another forum about how the forum software will fail, etc, etc. I personally have managed phpBB forums with 1Million+ posts and 5000+ active users without problems. If by chance there are some troubles, rest assured knowing that I am on the case. Hey, if you help us grow this site to the point of it breaking, then we know we're doing something right! Bring it on!

I would also like to give a quick intro to my company, LS Media (www.lsmedia.com). We are a web design, development and search engine marketing company. If you would like more information on who we are, please visit: http://www.lsmedia.com/aboutus/

Thank you all for signing up, and please invite your friends, chartering customers and family members to sign on to CTFishTalk.com

- Reggie
Old Mud

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Reggie: thanks for the introduction. I have no idea what a php programmer is or what you do but it's all cool !!! What ever it is works!. You don't have to fish to have fun. WoW I can't believe I said that. Smile
"I like what you've done with the place" Thanks!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

You will probably get a big kick out of some of our posts but you have to realize ,most of us are fishermen. LOL. Some of us are pushing 68 real hard!! ,some of us only started with the puter less than a year ago . Embarassed Embarassed.

Some of us couldn't post a picture or even post a quote untill about three weeks ago LOL.

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Mud, That's why this is such a great community. All walks of life at all ages... Isn't that what fishing is all about! Fishing really is a great way of life...
I'm 32 years old and Reggie is just a few years younger than me. Same with Lyman...

Both Reggie and I have worked in the internet world for years. Lyman too...

Between software companies and other various internet based companies, we could be considered by some as a little geeky when it comes to that stuff... Although Reggie far surpasses us when it comes to the technology side of things. I mean i can't mess with someone who loves to site in front of a black screen for 14 hours a day writting programs using languages like PHP which makes absolutley no sense to the normal human... LOL

Reggie and I worked together at the same company for years, and also at different companies as well... He is one of those "Techy type guys" who really knows his stuff! One of the best programmers i know of...

We are in good hands with him running the background of this show!

I could not have found a better person to run this for us.

Thanks Reggie!
Old Mud

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. OK Marc: Geeky is ok even Reggie "The Geek" Cool without you guys I would still be writing long hand with a pencil !!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .

You're right, it dose take all kinds. ofcourse you said it a little better LOL.

All that truly matters in the end is that you LOVED !!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> New Member Section All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: