CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: moodus res (UPPER)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pheasantfisher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: moodus res (UPPER) Reply with quote

we had a tournement at moodus on saturday. early i picked up a small largey that barly went 12" on a 5" redshad sanko (wacky). then my dad and i picked up a few nice pickeral. we headed to the weeds where my dad got to small keepers just over 13" each on special edition 5" sanko (wacky). we had two short strikes on the frog and nothing committed tho. i had a bass follow my crankbait maybe lmbs but didnt commit :( .that was all for us a horrable day for everyone. it was won with 5 fish for 5.21lbs and lunker was 1.24
slimecoat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's sad, but it beats working or going to church!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya i dont think im ever gonna go back
PECo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds as if I fish the same way as you and your dad. I tend to favor wacky worms pitched to the shore and weeds. I think that you, as I, should learn to fish deeper (e.g., jigs, drop shots, etc.). That way, when they're not biting shallow, we could try something else.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weedy areas are expansive there, but the pads aren't dense enough to cool the shallow water significantly during hot weather. Anyway...I wouldn't write off Moodus. The bass are feeding during dark and staying in deeper water during the day.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*

Last edited by TurtleKiss on Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
slimecoat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listen to Kira, she knows what she's doing. She is absolutely right, you need to fish deeper when it's hot bright and sunny, as well as to fish deeper docks that have good shade under them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya i tried deeper water for a little while with a crankbait and a jig and alls i could get was a few pickeral it was really hot tho and the water was dark brown you could barly see anything
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next time fishing deep weeds try flipping a brush hog or a tube or a jig, or a drop shot rig. Don't forget to try a carolina rig with a big 10" worm.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slimecoat wrote:
Next time fishing deep weeds try flipping a brush hog or a tube or a jig, or a drop shot rig. Don't forget to try a carolina rig with a big 10" worm.

Texas-rigged 10.5" Zoom ol' monster worms. I could go the rest of the season without using anything else. Great swimming action, fluid motion, and they don't tear easily unless a pickerel is involved. When it rips where it's hooked, trim an inch off the head and you'll have an equally effective 9.5" worm.
Unfortunately, when the fishing's slow, all you can do is try to entice the stupid fish into biting. I bet the tourney results would have been entirely different if it was held later in the day.

*~ "Not everything about fishing is noble, reasonable and sane..." -Henry Middleton ~*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: