CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Bass Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Bashan Lake 7-3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slimecoat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Bashan Lake 7-3 Reply with quote

My wifes cousin and I hit Bashan Lake early on Saturday am. We fished from 5:45am until about 12:30pm. Skies clear and sunny, air temps 65 in am growing to 92 by noon. Water temp was 74 degrees in most places. Water clarity was very clear. No wind for the first hour, then a slight breeze from time to time later in the day.

I started out throwing a sammy 100 shallow and in the weed beds just in front of and to the right of first island leaving the launch,and my wifes cousin is a fly fisherman, so he started with the fly rod. We both had 0 to show for that, until we started throwing into the 9 foot weedbeds. All fish caught were on senkos, jigs, tubes, chigger craws, and drop shot rigs and bouncing them off the bottom. All fish marked were within 2 feet of the bottom and in 8 to 12 feet of water for the most part, so we basically fished that zone all day. We picked up a few 12 inch largemouth bass, and decided to move to the western shore and fish the outside weed edges in 6 to 12 feet of water before all the boat traffic got started, and got a few more 12 to 13 inch bass.

Then the jet skis started and water skiers came too, we decided to go fish the dam outlet canal and the weed beds out in front of the rocky point there. We caught a few more Bashan specials on the outside weeds near the rock, and headed into the canal. About halfway down the canal on the left side in about 9 to12 feet of water, my drop shot worm got shellacked by something big. No toothy evidence was left, but what ever it was broke off my 8lb test Fluorocarbon and took everything on the light sweeping hookset. We had no other pickeral evidence that day, so I must asssume it was a bigger bass probably 3lbs+.

So after a few more 13 inch keepers in the canal, and 1 nice 1 3/4 chunk under the swim platform down near the dam, we decide to go back and fish the breezy side of the lake, the east side, and we caught a few more on the same baits. A couple of these fish were super shallow up under over hanging laurel bushes in the shade. So we fished docks and shady spots as well as rock areas and managed a few more small keepers.

All in all a beautiful day with over 15 largemouth caught, no smallies , and no pickeral. Nothing bigger than 1 /34lbs.

Also gave my wifes cousin the con, and went for a swim around 11am to cool off.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:24 pm    Post subject: Nice Report Reply with quote

A swim sounds good to me. It's too hot to go fishing. I think we'll hit 100 degrees, today.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

NIGHT FISHING Exclamation
Much Cooler Exclamation

SeaDog1
PECo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:22 pm    Post subject: Sure Reply with quote

Yeah, SeaDog1, when my wife lets me get a bigger boat!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil!

You still looking for a bigger boat?

I sent you the info on Lunds, but there are some good cheap tin boats with motors out there.

Also:
Northwest Sporting Goods (in Winsted) has a nice "NEW" set-up, with motor, for $3000.00.
Worth the ride to see them Exclamation

SeaDog1
Rippin' Hawgs

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with sea dog, i've been fishing there the last couple night cought about 5 fish over 3 all on a lipless crank i spray painted black! Good job slime in gettin so many but why no bigger ones did you fish the rocks?
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We fished mostly deeper weed beds, some near rocky points, but I just wanted to put my wifes cousin on #'s, and if we were lucky enough to get a couple big girls so be it. It was a low key day, I do enough pig hunting when I'm fishing tournaments almost all the time, this was just a fun outing for me.

Besides I hadn't been there in 4 or 5 years, so it was kind of a reintroduction for me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats cool slime, we should hookup there sometime and do a little fishing i live 2 minutes from the lake and know it better then anybody! Im only 15 but you'll see.
slimecoat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's whats's great about fishing, it knows no age limit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job Gary.
Fishface

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice trip Slime Great report. I have not been there in years. Got my PB from there 6.70LMB Shinner colored Lipless Crankbait.

Tim
slimecoat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Guys, I try to give as much information as possible to help others have a successful outing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Bass Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: