CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Boat Repair, Electronics, and Motor Help
Viewing Topic: Mounting of Side imaging transducer...opinions please
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoppy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:38 pm    Post subject: Mounting of Side imaging transducer...opinions please Reply with quote

I just treated myself to a new unit. The lowrance that came mounted in the console dash is shot so out it goes after many years. I got a great deal on a 798c SI that will my console nicely and im curious as to hear some opinions on mounting of the transducer. ive heard the brackets you get are junk and guys have made there own. The manual says i could go with a in-hull transducer(the lowrance i use now is in-hull).have any of you mounted yours in the hull and if so how are your readings?
im not sure what the best way to go is. i like the idea of the in hull due to hidden wires and no issues with broken brackets.
im not going to mount anything until i get some opinions as i want to do this once and the best way the first time. thanks for the help fellas! cant wait to get it working!
dave_376

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

check out the side imaging websites

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaging/ or maybe http://forums.sideimagingsoft.com/
SkeeterRon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoppy,

I have talked to both Humminbird and Lowrance tech guys and they both say that mounting the transducer on the transome will make the unit perform better.

Just my 2 cents.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Boat Repair, Electronics, and Motor Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: