CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Boat Repair, Electronics, and Motor Help
Viewing Topic: EPA approves 15% ethanol
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flippy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: EPA approves 15% ethanol Reply with quote

I just read this months BassMaster and there is an article on what the EPA approved, 10% ethanol to 15%, I had to jump on the phone and call my buddy who builds performance outboards, He told me that EVERYBODY that has an engine built before 2007 BEWARE, He resides in Central Florida and he told me that the problems boaters are having out there are beyond stupid, not everybody owns a newer boat, This corn based alcohol is a menice to plastics, rubber, and some fiberglass, Which includes fuel lines, gas tanks, floats in carburators,even jets, it just goes on, He had told me that companies like Stabil are working on additives, that basically dilute the alcohol, I will get more info on whats going on, But Guys, if you have an older engine stay in tune I will find out, what everybody south is doing. But if it all goes to 15% we will all be buying additives. Good Luck JIM
dave_376

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard somewhere that the new 15% gas will be sold as a less expensive grade along side E10. I don't know if that is actually how things will work out but I really hope so.

As piece of mind I have been adding additives to every gas motor I have besides the car.
flippy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave, I hope your right
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

Every time they screw with the fuel formulas you need addititives ($$$) or wind up with engine preformance problems Exclamation

SeaDog1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Boat Repair, Electronics, and Motor Help All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: