CTFishTalk.com Forum Index

CTFishTalk.com Forum Index » Ice Fishing Reports
Viewing Topic: Ice Report 1/2/11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeaDog1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: Ice Report 1/2/11 Reply with quote

Hi All!

Went out 1/1/11 on Winchester with my fishing buddy Robb -> Nothing much to speak of -> Very slow -> I only jigged up a handfull of Gills.
Ice was 10" at the north end. My buddy got a big Pike, 4 lb.Bass, and 2 small Pickerel!

Again went out today 1/2/11 at 1:40 PM -> Figured I see what the rain and warm temps did to the ice.

West Hill -> Very Bad -> pooled water all over -> Mid-Pond Open Water + open spring holes.

Burr Pond -> Lots of pooled water and heavy slush -> 1 person off island fishing.

Park Pond -> Same -> Pooled water + heavy slush.

Winchester -> Lots of pooled water + heavy slush -> My buddy from yesterday already up in the NW corner -> 7-8 inches of ice -> Was already late so I told my buddy I was going over to Woodcreek.

Woodcreek -> Arrived 3:30 PM -> 2 1/2 to 3 inches of half frozen slush over 6-7 inches of black ice.
Went out 50-60 ft. straight out from boat ramp and drilled 4 holes in 5-6 ft. of water.
In 1 hour I jigged up 1 small bass, 2 small crappies, and 1 small pickerel.

Left at 4:40 and drove back to Winchester to check that my buddy Robb got off safely. He was standing next to his pick-up when I got there -> Told me he didn't catch anything. We left for home and supper!

Best regards,
SeaDog1
Grizz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Ice Reports Reply with quote

Thanks for the ice reports,its a huge help for us guys that live a ways away.
Was thinking about going out but mabye I'll just go to the river and nymph fish instead.

Fish Hard

Grizz
Colossians 1:16-17 For by Him all thinge were created.......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    CTFishTalk.com Forum Index -> Ice Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: